Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Graven Rite - Indie Metal "Mondays"

This post was supposed to go up on Monday, but if "tomorrow" doesn't begin until the sun comes up, or you go to sleep and get back up again we can pretend that it isn't Tuesday yet and the post still counts. Ultimately though I guess I should utilize the built in posting schedule and write these in advance and have them show up automatically, but to hell with that!

The times we're living in are fucking awesome. People have more time, resources and power to create than ever before. More importantly perhaps, we have more ways to share our creations than ever before, and so the myriad of scenes surrounding independent creative pursuits are absolutely booming. This of course leads to the problems of "too much diversity" and "too much competition" but fuck it, those are great problems to have in my opinion, but finding and then sharing obscure yet awesome stuff is one of my favorite things to do.


My plan is to share some awesome, independent (or mostly independent) metal music every Monday for at least the next six months. Most of the links will probably come from Bandcamp as it's:
  1. The future of music distribution
  2. Easy to use
  3. Global in scope
  4. Chock full of brilliant, brilliant stuff
Today, we're going to talk about Graven Rite.


They're from Austin. I'm from Austin (well... as much as anyone is actually from Austin, excepting Safari of course seeing as he was actually born here). So why not start here?!



I probably don't have the right vocabulary to accurately describe what they've got going on so thankfully you can listen for yourself! All I know is, as soon as "The Summoner's Pit" started playing, I was instantly transported back in time to summers in middle school spent rolling up AD&D characters with my best friend while Ozzy or Metallica blared in the background.

Give it a go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment